Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty at the University of Delaware
356B DuPont Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 2016 | Civil Engineering, University of Florida
MS | 2013 | Civil Engineering, University of Florida
BS | 2011 | Civil Engineering, University of Montenegro
Advanced materials for sustainable and resilient structures, repair and retrofitting methods, reinforced and prestressed concrete, bridge engineering, durability of building materials, fracture mechanics, multiscale materials characterization.
- Bridges for the Future
Journal Publications *corresponding author **student supervised by Dr. Tatar
- Baral, Q. Zhang, J. Tatar(2019). “A High-performance Impact-resistant Concrete Mixture for Transportation Infrastructure Applications”. Transportation Research Record Journal of the Transportation Research Board.
- A. Morshed, A. Sinha, Q. Zhang, J. Tatar(2019). “Hygrothermal Conditioning of Wet-layup CFRP/Concrete Adhesive Joints Modified with Silane Coupling Agent and Core-shell Rubber Nanoparticles”. Construction and Building Materials, 227.
- Tatar, C.R. Taylor, H.R. Hamilton (2019).“A Multiscale Micromechanical Model of Adhesive Interphase between Cement Paste and Epoxy Supported by Nanomechanical Evidence”. Composites Part B, 172, 679-689.
- Brenkus, J. Tatar, H.R. Hamilton, G.R. Consolazio (2019).“Simplified Finite Element Modeling of Post-Tensioned Concrete Members with Mixed Bonded and Unbonded Tendons”. Engineering Structures, 179, 387-397.
- A. Morshed, T.J. Young, W. Chirdon, Q. Zhang, J. Tatar*(2018).“Durability of Wet lay-up FRP Bonded to Concrete with Nanomodified Epoxy Adhesives”. The Journal of Adhesion.
- Tatar, C. Torrence, J.J. Mecholsky, C.R. Taylor, H.R. Hamilton (2018). “Effects of Silane Surface Functionalization on Interfacial Fracture Energy and Durability of Adhesive Bond between Cement Paste and Epoxy”, International Journal of Adhesives and Adhesion, 84, pp. 132-142.
- Tatar, G. Subhash, C.R. Taylor, H. R. Hamilton (2018). “Characterization of Adhesive Interphase between Epoxy and Cement Paste via Raman Spectroscopy and Mercury Intrusion Porosimetry”. Cement and Concrete Composites, 88, pp. 187-199. [IF: 5.17]
- Tatar, D. Wagner, H.R. Hamilton (2016). “Structural Testing and Dissection of Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Polymer-Repaired Bridge Girders Taken Out of Service”. ACI Structural Journal, 113(6), pp. 1357-1367.
- Tatar, H.R. Hamilton (2016). “Comparison of Laboratory and Field Environmental Conditioning on FRP-Concrete Bond Durability”. Construction and Building Materials, 122, pp. 525-536.
- Tatar, H.R. Hamilton (2015). “Implementation of Bond Durability in the Design of Flexural Members with Externally Bonded FRP”.ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, 20(3).
- P. Blackburn, J. Tatar, E.P. Douglas, H.R. Hamilton (2015). “Effects of Hygrothermal Conditioning on Epoxy Adhesives Used in FRP Composites”. Construction and Building Materials, 96C, pp. 679-689.
- Tatar, H.R. Hamilton (2015). “Bond Durability Factor for Externally Bonded CFRP Systems in Concrete Structures”. ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, 20(1).
- S. Larkin, J. Tatar, C.W. Dolan (2011). “Parametric Study of Web Bonded CFRP Shear Reinforcement on Internal Steel Stresses”, ACI Special Publication 275, pp. 1-12.