Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty at the University of Delaware
Professor and Director of Center for Applied Coastal Research
205 Ocean Engineering Lab
Newark, Delaware 19716
2002 | Ph.D | Cornell University
1999 | Master | Cornell University
1994 | Bachelor | National Taiwan University
Sediment transport, environmental fluid mechanics, coastal engineering, multi-phase flow
- Coastal and Ocean
- Son, M., and T.-J. Hsu, (2010) Idealized study on cohesive sediment flux by tidal asymmetry, Environmental Fluid Mechanics, accepted.
- Safak, I., A. Sheremet, M.A. Allison, and T.-J. Hsu, (2010) Bottom turbulence on the muddy Atchafalaya Shelf, Louisiana, USA, J. Geophys. Res., accepted.
- Ozdemir, C. E., Hsu, T.-J., Balachandar, S., (2010) A numerical investigation of fine particle laden flow in oscillatory channel: the role of particle-induced density stratification, J. Fluid Mech., in press.
- Torres-Freyermuth, A., and Hsu, T.-J., (2010) On the dynamics of wave-mud interaction: a numerical study, J. Geophys. Res., 115, C07014, doi:10.1029/2009JC005552.
- Ozdemir, C. E., T.-J. Hsu, S. Balachandar, (2010) Simulation of fine sediment transport in oscillatory boundary layer, Journal of Hydro-environment Research, 3, 247-259.
- Yu, X, and Hsu, T.-J., and Hanes, D. M. (2010) Sediment transport under wave groups- the relative importance between wave shape and boundary layer streaming, J. Geophys. Res., 115, C02013, doi:10.1029/2009JC005348.
- Pedrozo-Acuna, A., Torres-Freyermuth, A., Zou, Q., Hsu, T.-J., Reeve, D. E., (2010) Diagonostic investigation of impulsive pressures induced by plunging breakers impinging on gravel beaches, Coastal Eng., 57, 252-266.
- Scott N. V., Hsu, T.-J., Cox, D. (2009) Steep wave, turbulence, and sediment concentration statistics and their implications to sediment transport, Cont. Shelf Res., 29, 2303-2317.
- Son, M., and Hsu, T.-J., (2009) The effect of variable yield strength and variable fractal dimensional on flocculation of cohesive sediment, Water Res., 43, 3582-3592.
- Hsu T.-J., Yu, X., (2009) Sand transport under nearshore wave and current and its implication to sandbar migration, Nonlinear Wave Dynamics, Selected paper of the symposium hold in honor of Philip L.-F. Liu’s 60th birthday, Editor: Patrick Lynett, World Scientific, 247-266.