Openings for Distinguished Scholars:
Scholarship opportunities for incoming Ph.D. students are available through the Civil and Environmental Engineering Distinguished Scholars Award. If you are eligible and interested in being considered, please indicate your eligibility and qualifications for this award in your application (e.g., under Relevant Experience or Personal Statement). A nomination letter from a Department faculty is required for consideration for this award.
- Awards are administered as PhD research and teaching assistantships
- Yearly stipend of $34,000 + $1,000 toward student fees
- Conference attendance or professional development workshop allotment of $1500/year
- Full tuition waiver
- Each award is for up to 5 years
- You select the CEE concentration to study
US citizen or permanent resident and:
- from an underrepresented group in STEM, and/or
- a first-generation college student, and/or
- a member of the LGTBQ+ community, and/or
- a student with extenuating personal circumstances.
Contacting Faculty. Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact faculty member(s) whose area of research most closely matches their interests to discuss potential research opportunities. Click here to access the Faculty Directory.
Have a question? Email Jacquee Lukawski, Graduate Academic Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org