Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty at the University of Delaware
344A DuPont Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
1992 | Ph.D | Princeton University
1988 | M.A | Princeton University
1986 | M.S | University of Wisconsin at Madison
1983 | B.S. | University of Cincinnati
Transport of fluids and contaminants in multiphase systems; mass transfer processes in soil and groundwater; sustainable landfilling; green stormwater treatment; mathematical modeling
- Environmental and Water Resources
* Indicates author was a student advised by Dr. Imhoff.
- Platt∗, K.L., Di Toro, D.M., Carbonaro, R.F., Bugher∗, N.A., Parkerton, T.F., Eastcott, L.J., and P.T. Imhoff (2022) Ferroccyanide enhanced evaporative flux to remediate soils contaminated with produced water brine, Journal of Hazardous Materials, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2022.130028
- Sherman, M., Hripto, J., Peck, E.K., Gold, A.J., Peipoch, M., Imhoff, P., and S. Inamdar (2022) Backed-up, Saturated, and Stagnant: Effect of Milldams on Upstream Riparian Groundwater Hydrologic and Mixing Regimes, Water Resoures Research, accepted.
- Delkash∗, M.N.A., Chow, F.K., and P.T. Imhoff (2022) Diurnal landfill methane flux patterns across different seasons at a landfill in Southeastern US, Waste Management, DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2022.03.004.
- Yan∗, Y., Nakhli∗, S.A.A., Jin∗, J., Mills, G., Wilson, C.S., Legates, D.R., Manahiloh, K.N., and P.T. Imhoff (2021) Predicting the impact of biochar on the saturated hydraulic conductivity of natural and engineered media, Journal of Environmental Management, DOI: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.113143.
- Saxena, S., Srivastave, P.K., Dentel, S.K.,Imhoff, P.T., and D. K. Cha (2021) Field demonstration of breathable laminate-lined container-based toilets in Kanpur, India, Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development, DOI: 10.2166/washdev.2021.011.
- Nakhli∗, S.A.A., and P.T. Imhoff (2020) Models for predicting water retention in pyrogenic carbon (biochar) and biochar-amended soil at low water contents, Water Resources Research, DOI: 10.1029/2020WR027726.
- Yi∗, S., Chang∗, N. Y., and P.T. Imhoff (2020) Predicting water retention of biocharamended soil from independent measurements of biochar and soil properties, Advances in Water Resources, DOI: 10.1016/j.advwatres.2020.103638.
- Tian, J., Jin∗, J., Chiu, P.C., Cha, D.K., Guo, M., and P.T. Imhoff (2019) A pilotscale, bi-layer bioretention system with biochar and zero-valent iron for enhanced nitrate removal from stormwater, Water Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.watres.2018.10.030.
- Taylor, D.M., Chow, F.K., Delkash∗, M., and P.T. Imhoff (2018) Atmospheric modeling to assess wind dependence in tracer dilution method measurements of landfill methane emissions, Waste Management, DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2017.10.036.
- Tian∗, J., Miller, V., Chiu, P.C., Maresca, J.A., Guo, M., and P.T. Imhoff (2016) Nutrient Release and Ammonium Sorption of Poultry Litter and Wood Biochars in Stormwater Treatment, Science of the Total Environment, DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.02.129.