Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty at the University of Delaware
217A Pearson Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 2016 | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, US
MS | 2010 | Hamburg University of Technology, Germany
BS | 2008 | Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Coupled Human and Groundwater Systems; Agent-based Modeling; Water System Modeling, Analysis and Optimization; HPC and Cloud Computing; Data Science and Cyberinfrastructure.
- Big Data
- Environmental and Water Resources
- Y. Hu, D. Scavia and B. Kerkez* (2018). Are all data useful? Inferring causality to predict flows across sewer and drainage systems using Directed Information and Boosted Regression Trees. Water Research, 145, 697-706.
- Y. Hu* and S. Beattie (2018). The Role of Heterogeneous Behavioral Factors in an Agent- based Model of Crop Choice and Groundwater Irrigation. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 145(2), 04018100.
- Y.Hu*, C. J. Quinn, X. M. Cai and N. W. Garfinkle (2017). Combining human and machine intelligence to derive agents’ behavioral rules for groundwater irrigation. Advances in Water Resources, 109, 29-40.
- Y. Hu*, X. M. Cai and B. DuPont (2015). Design of a web-based application of the coupled multi-agent system model and environmental model for watershed management analysis using Hadoop, Environmental Modelling & Software, doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2015.04.011
- Y. Hu*, O. Garcia-Cabrejo, X.M. Cai, A. J. Valocchi and B. Dupont (2015). Global sensitivity analysis for large-scale socio-hydrological models using Hadoop, Environmental Modelling and Software, doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2015.08.015
(*: corresponding author)