360H DuPont Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 2007 | Civil (Structural) Engineering. Georgia Institute of Technology
MS | 2002 | Civil Engineering, University of Delaware
BS | 2000 | Civil Engineering, University of Delaware
Structural engineering; bridge engineering and design; structural dynamics; earthquake engineering; reinforced concrete design; large-scale experimental testing; analytical modeling and simulation; finite element analysis; engineering mechanics; and composite materials for sustainable transportation (bridge) structures
- Bridges for the Future
Head, M. and *Pirayeh Gar, S. (2012). Part II: Metaheuristic Applications in Bridge Infrastructure Maintenance Scheduling Consideration. Metaheuristics in Water, Geotechnical, and Transportation Engineering, in collaboration with Dr. Manoj Jha, Morgan State University. Accepted, Published and Submitted Journal Articles *=> denotes grad/student co-author; **=>postdoctoral researcher
Accepted, Published and Submitted Journal Articles *=> denotes grad/student co-author; **=>postdoctoral researcher
- *Chinaka. E, **Shokouhian. M, *Efe. S, Head. M. (2017). “Evaluation of bond strength for AFRP reinforcing bars in columns with self-consolidating concrete,” Structures Congress 2017, Denver, April 6-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/9780784480403.001#sthash.Vevxi2ew.sjU0CfKh.dpuf.
- **Shokouhian, M., Head, M., Seo, J., *Schaffer, W., and *Adams, G. (2017). “Hydrodynamic Response of a Semi-submersible Platform to Support a Wind Turbine,” Elsevier, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews (submitted; under review).
- *Efe, Steve, **Shokouhian, M., Head, M., and *Chinaka, E. (2017). “Numerical Study on the Cyclic Response of AFRP Reinforced Column with Externally Unbonded Energy Dissipaters,” Structure and Infrastructure Engineering (submitted; under review).
- *Chinaka, E., Head, M., **Shokouhian, M., *McLennan, W. and *Efe, S. (2017). “An experimental investigation of bond strength of AFRP bars with self-consolidating concrete,” Construction and Building Materials (submitted; under review).
- Seo, J., Schaffer, W., **Shokouhian, M., Head, M. (2017). “Multihazard Computational Fluid Dynamic Simulation and Soil-Structure Interaction of Monopile Offshore Wind Turbines,” Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science (submitted; under review).
- **Shokouhian, M., Shi, Y., Head, M. (2016). “Interactive Buckling Failure Modes of Hybrid Steel Flexural Members,” Elsevier, Engineering Structures, 125:153-166, DOI:10.1016/j.engstruct.2016.07.001.
- Head, M., Pathak, R., Muthukumar, S., and Mackie, K. (2016). “Challenging Issues When Conducting Nonlinear Seismic Analysis,” Structure Magazine, March.
- *Pirayeh Gar, S., Mander, J., Head, M., and Hurlebaus, S. (2014). “FRP Slab Capacity Using Yield Line Theory,” J. Compos. Constr., 18(6).
- Head, M., Dennis, S.,* Muthukumar, S., Nielson, B., and Mackie, K. (2014). “Nonlinear Analysis in Modern Earthquake Engineering Practice,” Structure Magazine, March.
- *Pirayeh Gar, S., Head, M., Hurlebaus, S., and Mander, J. (2014). “Experimental Performance of AFRP Concrete Bridge Deck Slab with Full-Depth Precast Prestressed Panels,” ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, 19(4), http://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000559.